Saturday, June 13, 2009

My Route for My Summer Ride

View Bike Trip 2009 in a larger map

Well, here it is, my route for the summer. I'll ride up the coast of Washington to Port Angeles, and then will ferry to Victoria on Vancouver Island. I'll ride the length of Vancouver Island and then will take the ferry from Port Hardy at the north end of Vancouver Island to Prince Rupert. I'll then head east to Terrace, then over to the Cassiar Highway, which I'll ride up to the Alaska Highway. I'll head down to Skagway so I can hike the Chilkoot Trail for a few days. Then I'll take a ferry to Haines and ride back up to the Alaska Highway. Then I'll ride north on the Richardson highway and will cut over on the Denali Highway to Denali National Park where I'd like to do some hiking. Then its up to Fairbanks on the Parks Highway, down the Alaska Highway to Tok, and over to Dawson City on the Taylor and Top of the World Highways. Finally, I'll head north on the Dempster Highway to Inuvik, in the Northwest Territories.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think you are just a little bit crazy. Have a great time and keep in touch. I'm looking forward to the flat report...do you think there might be more interesting things to report? ;-)

    ReplyDelete