Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fifty miles down and lots more to go...

I finally left yesterday at noon and made about fifty miles. Getting through north Portland was pretty icky with lots of noisy traffic.

Once I got across the St John's Bridge and onto highway 30, things got much better. I made it to a campground near St Helens by around six and had a nice hot shower. It always takes a few nights to get used to sleeping in a tent.

I saw a bunch of road bikers on highway 30 and talked to a few of them. I feel pretty silly telling people that I'm riding to Alaska this early in the trip!

Right now I'm drinking tea in a Starbuck's and posting on my iPhone. Isn't tecnology cool?... That is, when it works!

Time to ride! I want to get past Cathlamet today.

1 comment:

  1. Awww!! Hey it's Theresa! I am still in shock that you're doing this right now and I am eating cereal on this fine Oregon morning. What kind of tea did you bring?

    ReplyDelete