Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Welcome to the Yukon

I'm in the Yukon!



I guess that the Yukon has road paint.


I had a tough 55 mile day with friggen steep hills and torn up sections of road. There was another section of deep gravel road yesterday too, which had me wondering if I was still on the right road.


I stayed at a lovely campground at Boya Lake right on the lakeshore last night. My neighbors were Cody and Devon, two brothers from Massachusetts. Cody just got a job teaching English in Fairbnks so they were heading there and Devon is a history major at a college back home. It was great hanging out with the guys next to their campfire. Thanks for the beer and good company, guys.

I stopped by the campground caretaker's cabin because Mario and Jodi had invited me over for breakfast, something they do for cyclists who stay at Boya Lake. Thanks a lot, Mario!

I finally left the Cassiar highway and turned left on the Alaska highway.


I stayed just west of the junction and splurged on a yummy steak dinner with lots of veggies.

-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment